The 3D-Bioplotter Developer Series is designed for research groups new to the field of tissue engineering, as well as for specialized use, where limited capability may still meet requirements. It consists of the same basic hardware and software as the Manufacturer Series with reduced functionality regarding camera and park positions, but is still capable of using a UV curing head and an optional heated platform.
- Build speed in constant through the build up to 1” (25 mm) at 0.0039” (100 µm) voxel thickness
- Economic material use with no vat
- Very few moving parts and minimal consumable components make the system user serviceable
- Quick and easy material changeover
Particle and Sterile
Platform Temperature Control
Yes (Chiller not included): -10° – 80°C (14° – 176°F)
Head Temperature Range
Low: 0° – 70°C (32° – 158°F) or High: 30° – 250°C (86° – 482°F)
No. of Heads Included
Tool Changer Type
Modular Tool Changer
10 – 30 ml (.3 – 1.0 fl oz)
Other Usable Modules
Platform Height Control
External Temp. Ports
Build Volume (XYZ)
150 x 150 x 150 mm (5.91 x 5.91 x 5.51 in.)
0.1 – 150 mm/s (0.004 – 5.91 in/s)
Minimum Strand Diameter
0.100 mm (0.004 in.) Material Dependent
Axis Resolution (XYZ)
0.001 mm (0.00004 in.)
- A new user management allows users to both share projects, materials and patterns, as well as have their own separate set of files for improved overview and security.
- Input of outer shapes through STL files.
- Multi-part and multi-material capable through the use of an automatic tool changer and multiple print heads.
- Database of volume support structures for complex shapes.
- Database of inner patterns (user-editable) in the controlling software, avoiding requiring patterns in the STL files.
- Complex inner pattern with straight lines, zig-zag shapes and wave forms as well as hexagon shapes, including shift functions for “in between the lines” printing
- Database of materials (user-editable) with all process parameters.
- Material life time control to avoid scaffold fabrication with degraded materials.
- Individual temperature control of each printing head, both in the parking positions, as well as during printing
- Temperature curves with up to 5 set points and waiting times.
- Complete control of all printing parameters (temperature, pressure, speed, etc) through the software.
- Automatic platform height control for petri dishes, well plates, as well as other printing surfaces.
- Improved surface finish of fabricated parts using randomized start position in outer contours.
- 2D Dot-Printing (Biopatterning) capability
- Low-Temperature Print Head: 0° – 70°C (32° – 158°F) with disposable PE cartridges.
- High-Temperature Print Head: 30° – 250°C (86° – 482°F) with reusable stainless steel cartridges.
- UV Curing Head (365 nm).
- Needle cleaning station, with automatic cleaning before and during the print project available.
- Luer Lock needle tips, 0.1mm to 1.0mm inner diameter available.
- Automatic recalibration of park position coordinates in extensively used 3D-Bioplotters (Manufacturer & Developer Series only).
- LOG file creation after project completion with all relevant data.
- Footprint (L x W x H): 976 x 623 x 773 mm (38.4 x 24.5 x 30.4 in.)
- Weight: About 110 kg (243 lbs)